At L&M, Our Employees are Like Family
L&M Financial is a family owned and run business that has been providing financial planning and benefit programs to thousands of people across New York State since 1972. Here at L&M, we’re always looking for dedicated, driven, and talented professionals to join our team.
L&M offers a collaborative culture, challenging and rewarding work, competitive benefits, and the chance to work with a diverse clientele. Most importantly we offer a positive and inclusive work environment where all of our employees are treated like family.
We are committed to rewarding our employees with a comprehensive benefits package that can be tailored to meet their individual needs. Some of these benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance Options
- Supplemental Short-Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Schedules
L&M Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics.
Director of Tax Services
L&M Financial is a financial advisory firm located in Amherst, NY. We don’t view what we do as simply managing money - we build relationships and continue to grow our business through honesty, integrity, and hard work. We show up every day thinking about ways we can serve our clients better.
We are looking for an experienced CPA with an entrepreneurial spirit to establish our new tax department, specifically to prepare personal income tax returns as well as corporate returns. The ideal candidate will work with the team as we start this operation from scratch and create a business that is ready to fly on January 1, 2019 with a singular focus on enhancing what we can offer to our clients.
The Director of Tax Services will never wait for a promotion. This is the opportunity to build a tax business. L&M will provide the office space, clients, open-mindedness, and financial commitment to making this successful. The Director will be responsible for her or his schedule, workload, hiring decisions, and therefore success.
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies/qualifications:
- Technical skills to prepare personal & basic trust/corporate income tax returns
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with systems for “to-dos” and follow-up: there can be no cracks for things to slip through
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Current CPA certification in New York State, or working toward same
- Minimum of 3 years of tax preparation experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain intricacies of the tax code, in understandable terms, to the investing public
- Interest in process & continuous improvement
- Curiosity and ambition to step into other opportunities within our organization
Interested candidates please forward your resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
L&M Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applications for positions without regard to age, race, gender, creed, color, national origin, disability, veteran/military status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status pursuant to relevant federal, state and local laws.